If Youre Already Getting Housing Benefit Or Universal Credit
If Housing Benefit or Universal Credit doesnt cover all your rent, you can apply for a discretionary housing payment . A DHP is extra money from your local council to help pay your rent.
You need to be getting Housing Benefit or the housing costs part of Universal Credit to get a DHP.
Contact your local council and ask how to apply for a DHP. You might have to apply by phone or online. You can find out how to contact your local council on GOV.UK.
When you apply, explain why you need a DHP. For example, you should tell them:
why you cant afford to pay the rent
why you cant move somewhere cheaper
if its causing problems for someone you look after, like a child or elderly relative
if you have a disability and how this makes it more difficult to pay
Youll need to send any evidence you have, for example a letter from your doctor or details of debts youre paying off.
Its a good idea to keep a copy of your application. For example, you can take photos of your paper form or print a copy of an online application.
Your local council will decide whether to give you a DHP it depends on your situation. If the council decide to give you a DHP, theyll write to tell you:
how much youll get
when the DHP will stop
If you still need a DHP after it stops, you can apply again.
When Will I Be Able To Access My Loan Online With Citizens
Your loan will transfer on October 1, 2022, but it takes a few business days for your loan to be set up on our systems. When your loan is transferring, you wont be able to access it online. Once the transfer is complete by October 6th, youll then be able to access your loan online and make payments with us.
Beginning October 6th you can access your loan information at citizensbankonline.com or using our Citizens mobile app*. Download our app today.
Citizens One Personal Loan Review Highlights
- : 6.79% to 20.88%
- Quickest funding timeline: As soon as 2 business days
- Timeline for payoff: 36 to 84 months
- Minimum credit score: 680
- Other requirements for approval: 18+ years old, U.S. citizen or permanent resident, SSN
- Pre-qualification: You can pre-qualify on Citizens Ones website.
- Co-applicants: Allowed
Though Citizens One personal loans doesnt offer a lot of funding right now, they have very good rates. Below, you can see how WalletHub rates Citizens One in our three major categories: Terms, Requirements & Application, and Reviews & Transparency.
Also Check: $50 Loan Instant No Credit Check
Should I Get A Citizens One Loan For My Iphone
If having the newest iPhone for work or personal use is important to you and you dont have the money to pay for it upfront each time, you may want to consider applying for a Citizens iPhone loan.
But if youre content with having an older iPhone model, want to avoid a new monthly expense or dont like the idea of being continually in debt by upgrading every time you can, you should probably avoid the iPhone Upgrade Program.
Does Citizens Pay Affect Your Credit
Merchants that offer Citizens Pay offer prequalification tools. You can fill out the preapproval section and undergo a soft credit inquiry, which doesnt affect your credit, to see if you qualify for Citizens Pay.
If you decide to proceed, Citizens will perform a hard credit check, which could impact your credit scores.
Recommended Reading: How To Lower Your Monthly Student Loan Payments
Are There Any Other Services Citizens Can Offer Me
Yes! Citizens offers credit insurance products, such as Disability, Life, and Involuntary Unemployment Insurance, car club memberships and even a service warranty for your vehicle. We can add any of these credit insurance products to your loan for a nominal amount. Also, depending on the circumstances, we can help by consolidating your bills or even help to pay off debt! You can even use the convenience of the internet to make your loan payments online through our secure web portal! Ask one of the friendly, knowledgeable employees at your local Citizens branch today!
How To Apply With Citizens Pay
If youre making a purchase through a merchant that offers Citizens Pay, the application process is simple.
- Find a partner merchant. With some BNPL apps, such as Affirm, you can use the service to finance purchases from any retailer. Citizens Pay works differently its only available through select merchants. If Citizens Pay is available, it will show up in the merchants checkout section.
- Add items to cart. Add your desired purchases to the retailers cart. Depending on the merchant, there may be a purchase minimum you must meet to use Citizens Pay.
- Check terms and fees. The annual percentage rate and fees can vary based on the merchant you choose. Depending on the retailer and your purchase amount, there may be a variable APR and potential late fees, so youll want to carefully review the terms and conditions.
- Consent to a credit check. To complete the transaction, Citizens will prompt you to consent to a credit check. It will perform a hard credit inquiry, which may affect your credit scores.
Also Check: What Kind Of Loan Do You Get To Buy Land
I Have Automatic Payments Set Up With Investors Bank Will They Continue With Citizens
Yes, if your mortgage payments were automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account by Investors Bank, well continue to withdraw them from the same account on your designated day. Theres nothing you need to do.
We are unable to set up a separate draft for principal only. If youd like to pay additional principal, you can add this to your monthly draft. To do this, go to our Citizens mobile app or citizensbankonline.com.
Why Is My Pay Off Amount Different From My Loan Balance
This is a very common question we get from our customers. When you have a precomputed interest loan, your loan balance is the total of the principal loan amount, all interest, and all fees to be paid assuming all loan payments will be paid when due for the duration of the loan. If you choose to pay off your loan early, then a portion of loans interest and some loan fees included in your total loan balance are often refunded. Your pay off amount is the loan balance less the amount of interest and fees that are refunded as a result of your decision to pay off your loan early.
Also, if you purchased credit insurance with your loan, a portion of the insurance premium may be refunded. These refunds will cause the pay off amount to be less than your total loan balance for a precomputed interest loan.
You May Like: Who Is Eligible For Va Loans
Don’t Miss: How To Find Your Student Loan Debt
Worried About Making Your Auto Loan Payments Your Lender May Have Options That Can Help
Most consumers rely on cars to function in their everyday lives: commuting to jobs and school, visiting family and friends, and carrying out daily errands and tasks. Sometimes the unexpected happens that puts a strain on your wallet. A temporary financial burdensuch as a job loss, medical emergency, or car repaircould cause you to fall behind on your auto loan payments. Missing payments can have significant impact on your finances, including negative credit reporting, increased fees on your loan, and repossession of your vehicle.
If this happens to you, your lender may have several options to avoid falling behind in the midst of a financial hardship.
If You Like Having The Latest Iphone But Dont Have The Cash To Cover Its Entire Cost Upfront You May Be Thinking About Financing Your Purchase With The Citizens One Iphone Loan
Apples iPhone Upgrade Program offers members a way to get the new iPhone every year through financing. That means you wont have to finance your phones purchase through your mobile carrier. So if you want to stretch out your payments beyond what your mobile carrier offers, you can apply for this personal installment loan through Citizens One, which is the brand name for Citizens Banks lending business.
But Citizens One will perform a , and youll need a credit or debit card on file which is required when you become a member of Apples iPhone Upgrade Program to make monthly payments.
What Do I Need To Qualify For A Loan
The most important qualifier to receive a loan from Citizens is your current ability and willingness to repay the loan. You will need to have a stable source of income and you may need some type of collateral. Finally, we also need a complete and accurate loan application to process and approve your loan request. If youd like to start a new loan application now, simply click here!
What To Watch Out For
- You may end up paying interest Even though this Citizens One loan comes with 0% interest, that doesnt necessarily mean you wont pay interest on the loan. Youll make your monthly payments on a credit or debit card tied to your account when you sign up for the iPhone Upgrade Program account, but if you use a on that account if you dont pay off your balance in full each month. So when you sign up, it might be a good idea to link a debit card to your account rather than a credit card.
- Citizens One checks your credit A credit check is required to apply for the Apple Upgrade Program, so if you dont have the best credit, you might not be approved.
- AppleCare+ is required To enroll, you have to buy the AppleCare+ insurance policy. While you may like this extra protection, it could increase the total cost of the phone. Youll also want to double check that you arent double paying for phone insurance through your carrier.
Don’t Miss: What Is An Interest Only Home Loan
Looking For More Information
What’s new and why did it change?
You spoke and we listened! We are simplifying our online and mobile platform. Our new digital banking experience provides convenience with enhanced security, new features and functionality.
- Single sign-on for online and mobile banking
- Display responds to all device sizes
- Universal experience for online and mobile banking
- Enhanced security with two-factor authentication
- Touch ID for newer Android devices
- Ability to add receipts, pictures, notes to transactions
- Ability to personalize your information
- Easier to access Bill Pay information
- Manage external transfers and multiple account profiles
- Improved access to manage your debit card
How to Log In
- Enter your username and password
- Enter the one-time access code sent to your phone
- Read Terms & Conditions and click “Accept”
Digital Banking: You can access the new digital banking and your account information on a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, or other internet-accessible device. Simply log in with your existing credentials to both online and mobile banking. There are two access points:
- Visit our website at thecitizensbank.net and click the “Sign In” button
Look for our LOGO and the name The Citizens Bank Now*Please note: You may not be able to access the website via old bookmarks or in your favorites.
What does the new digital banking system offer?
Trouble Logging In
Why am I getting this error?
Two Factor Authentication
If I Have Taxes And/or Insurance Bills Due Around The Time My Mortgage Loan Transfers And I Have An Escrow Account Set Up Which Mortgage Servicer Is Responsible For Paying The Bills
Investors Bank will pay taxes and/or insurance bills due before the transfer date. Well pay bills due on or after the transfer. If youd like to confirm the payment was made, you can contact your insurance provider or taxing authority, or give us a call at 800.234.6002, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
Don’t Miss: How To File For Ppp Loan
Get Help Repaying Your Credit Card Or Loan
If you ask the company or organisation you owe money to, they might reduce or pause your payments. You can:
If you tell your lender you cant pay, they must treat you fairly and take into account your situation.
If your lender doesnt help you, you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They investigate complaints about organisations which lend money. Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service on their website.
You May Like: When Can You Apply For Parent Plus Loan
Get Help With Your Council Tax
You might be able to pay less council tax or not pay it at all it depends on your circumstances.
You might be able to get:
discounts for example a single person discount
Council Tax Reduction if you have a low income
a discretionary reduction youll normally only get this if you can show youre suffering severe hardship
Dont Miss: What Car Dealerships Will Pay Off Your Loan
Don’t Miss: How To Estimate Pre Approval For Home Loan
Get Help Paying Your Mobile Phone Or Internet Bill
Contact your provider and ask what they can do to help. They might agree to:
reduce your bill
give you more time to pay
increase your data or download limit
move you to a different contract
If your provider wont help you, you might be able to switch to a different provider. If you owe money to your old provider when you switch, youll still have to pay the money you owe.
What Kind Of Purchases Can Citizens Pay Be Used For
Initially, Citizens Pay was launched in partnership with Microsoft. Since its launch, it has expanded to include a variety of merchants. Citizens Pay can be used for the following types of items and services :
- Health and fitness Citizens Pay can be used to pay for fitness equipment through retailers like Horizon Fitness.
- Home improvement contractors In partnership with Arlington Financial, Citizens allows customers to finance home improvement projects with partner contractors.
- Education Customers who want to enroll themselves or their children in exam preparation courses can use Citizens Pay to pay for educational products and services through Wiley Efficient Learning.
- Electronics If youre shopping for a new laptop, gaming system or other electronic device, you can use Citizens Pay at checkout with Microsoft. At Best Buy, Citizens Pay is required for purchasing Xbox All Access.
- Furniture You can purchase sofas, bedroom sets and home office furniture with Citizens Pay at select retailers like Z Gallerie and Wayfair.
- Medical procedures In partnership with PrimaHealth Credit, Citizens Pay can be used to pay for some medical procedures, such as dental treatments or braces as well as Lasik eye correction.
Don’t Miss: Closing Costs For Va Loan
Iphone Upgrade Program Terms & Conditions
When you enroll in the iPhone Upgrade Program, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions .
What Is The Minimum Credit Score Required
Our main goal is to help customers, especially those people whose credit quality may limit their access to a bank loan, obtain the money they need. For this reason, we do not have a minimum credit score requirement like many other lenders. Although we do consider your credit score when reviewing your loan request, you will not be turned down for a loan at Citizens just because your credit score is low.
Read Also: Can You Loan Money To Your Business
Read Also: What Is Ach Loan Credit
Option : Refinance Your Auto Loan
Another option is to try to refinance through your auto lender or another lender. You might be able to get a lower interest rate which would reduce the size of your payment. You could also try a longer loan term. This would lower your monthly payments to a more affordable level however, you may end up paying more for your car over time.
Lastly, think about whether your vehicle is still affordable. Sometimes your financial situation changes and a purchase you made is no longer affordable. If this has happened to you, consider trading in your current vehicle for a more affordable one. If you sell or trade in your current vehicle, its value and how much you still owe will be an important factor in your decision.
Talk with your lender about the benefits and costs of each option and determine which one works best for your situation.
When you speak with your lender, be sure to get the name of the representative, their ID number , and any applicable case numbers associated with your request. Its also a good idea to ask the lender to provide you with the agreement in writing.
If you are experiencing financial hardship that could impact your car ownership, be sure to check out the tools and answers to common questions we have on auto loans, including on the options discussed in this blog.
This blog is intended to educate and engage consumers on auto finance issues. If you’ve already tried reaching out to your lender and still have an issue, you can submit a complaint.