If Youre An Owner Occupier Home Buyer:
- Your most recent statement for your credit cards
- Account statements for all home loans and personal loans for the last 6 months
- Savings and investment history for the last 6 months
- A copy of the Contract of Sale for the property you are buying
- Supporting evidence if other funds are contributing towards the purchase as well
- A statutory declaration for any fund that are being given to you to put towards the purchase, if these funds are not already in your bank account
Source Of Funds And Down Payment
To qualify for a mortgage, you need to be able to show that you have some money for the closing costs. Acceptable sources of funds may come from:
- Sale of your existing home – provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence and statement or listing agreement if unsold
- Savings, checking or money market funds – provide copies of bank statements for the last 3 months
- Stocks and bonds – provide copies of your statement from your broker or copies of certificates
- Gifts – provide Gift Affidavit and proof of receipt of funds
Based on information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation.
What Are The Minimum And Maximum Age Criteria For A Bajaj Finserv Loan Against Property
To avail of a Loan Against Property from Bajaj Finserv, a salaried individual must be minimum 33 years old and maximum 58 years old. For self-employed individuals, the minimum age is 25 years and the maximum is 70 years. You must also check the other property loan eligibility criteria before applying.
Read Also: How Much To Loan Officers Make
List Of Monthly Debts
Your debt-to-income ratio helps lenders decide whether or not youre able to take on more debt. It shows how much money you have going out versus what you have coming in. There are maximum DTIs for mortgage approval. If your DTI is above that maximum, you may not be able to qualify.
Your lender will ask for a list of your fixed debts, which are those that are regular, recurring and have a minimum required payment. These debts may include:
- Rent or mortgage
- Homeowners association fees
- Medical bills
Monthly, variable expenses arent included in your DTI. These may include expenses that change monthly, like utilities, groceries, entertainment and transportation expenses.
When providing your list of debts, include your creditors name and contact information, your total balance due and the required minimum monthly payment.
Debt To Income Ratio Calculations
Borrowers liabilities will be required by mortgage underwriters when they need to calculate DTI:
- Student loans, child support, alimony debt information needs to be provided
- All minimum monthly debt reporting on the credit report will be counted
- All public records such as judgments and tax-liens not reporting on the credit report will be discovered by lenders when they due to a national third party public records search
- Disclose any judgments and/or public records not reporting on the credit report
Gustan Cho Associates is one of a few national mortgage lenders with no overlays on government and conventional loans. Dale Elenteny, the author of this blog is a 20 plus year mortgage industry veteran and an expert in traditional and non-QM loans. Please reach out to us at 630-479-2719 or text us for faster response. Or email us at
Also Check: Can You Buy A Manufactured Home With A Va Loan
How Should Documents Be Submitted
Its best if you can submit as a PDF, says Wise. We do get documents that are taken as pictures, for example. As long as theyre clear, they include the edge of the document, and we can read all of the words on the page, then usually a photo will suffice, as well, because we can convert it to a PDF ourselves.
To get started collecting your mortgage application documents, start thinking about how you can prove your income, show your debt, and finesse your credit score . Do you have car payments each month? School loans? Credit card payments? Howell recommends giving yourself at least a week to gather everything together.
If you dont have the necessary documentation available at your fingertips, then youll have to ask your attorney, your CPA, or any other professional who can help you to obtain them.
Its critical that you disclose everything even if you dont think its important or it happened a long time ago. Your loan approval depends on it.
How Much Time Is Needed To Get A Mortgage Loan
Bajaj Finserv, being a reputed NBFC in the country, prioritises customer service and convenience. Eligible applicants can enjoy the fastest loan disbursal within 4 days post approval.The entire procedure is available online and easy-to-follow, viz.
The maximum tenure for a Loan Against Property is 20 years for salaried borrowers. For self-employed individuals, the maximum Loan Against Property tenure is 18 years.Enjoy such attractive Loan Against Property benefits only with Bajaj Finserv.
You May Like: What Credit Score Is Needed For Usaa Auto Loan
Documents Needed To Start Mortgage Process
Documents needed to process a mortgage application are the following.
Any delay with providing the documents needed to process a mortgage application will cause a delay in the home closing. Two months most recent checking accounts, savings accounts, and other bank statements such as certificate of deposits, IRA accounts We will need all pages of bank statements even if they are blank.
In the event you do not have the most recent bank statements handy, you can go to the bank and request a transaction history of bank statement printouts. Printouts need to be signed by the bank employee or bank teller. The bank statement needs to be dated and stamped by the bank employee. These bank statements are good for 60 days from the date it was signed and issued. Borrowers who are a member of a credit union they need to provide at least 2 most recent bank account statements. We need every single page of the statement from the credit union even if it is a blank page.
Borrowers who cannot find or locate credit union statement they need to go to the credit union and get the credit union employee to sign, date, and stamp your statement. Like a signed bank statement, these statements will be valid for 60 days from the issued date.
Im Ready To Apply For A Mortgage What Documents Will I Need
Much like applying for a job, youll have to jump through some hoops when you apply for a mortgage but the good news is youll be able to buy a house when all is said and done!
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau reported that approximately one in nine loan applications to buy a new house were denied in 2018. As for those who received approval, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association , the last quarter of 2019 saw a seasonally adjusted delinquency rate of 3.77% for mortgage loans on one- to four-unit residential properties.
The purpose of the mortgage application and underwriting process is for lenders to ensure that you are someone who can afford to pay the money back over the life of the loan. They generally make this determination by looking at your mortgage application information, proof of income, assets and debts, credit verification, and a variety of other documents.
Theres credit, capacity, capital, and collateral.
To simplify things, here are the documents you will likely need for a mortgage application.
Also Check: What Credit Score Is Needed For Usaa Auto Loan
List Of Kyc Documents For Home Loan Application
Some of the usual documents admitted as KYC are mentioned below:
- Electricity Bill
- Passbook or Bank Statement with address
Besides the ones mentioned above, the banks have the right to ask for any document they deem necessary to the loan sanctioning and verification process.
Documents Youll Need To Apply For A Mortgage
- Social Security numbers, or individual taxpayer identification numbers for all borrowers.
- Home addresses for at least the past two years.
- Your most recent paystubs covering at least 30 days of income
- Your most recent W-2s , or if self-employed, 1099s or K1s
- Your most recent Federal Tax Returns , including all pages and all schedules. Note: if you are self-employed, you may need to provide both your personal and business tax returns.
- Two to three-months of statements for each of your accounts: Checking, savings, IRA, 401K, credit cards, etc.
- Information on other consumer debt accounts such as car loans or leases and student loans
- Social Security award letter or pension award letter, if applicable
- Year-to-date profit and loss statements and/or balance sheets, if self-employed
- Gift letter if you are using money from parents or relatives to help cover down payment or closing costs
- Landlords name, address & phone number, if you rent
- May also need to show rent/utility payments to document payment history if needed
Depending on the type of home loan you are applying for, and your individual circumstances, you may also need:
You May Like: What To Do If Your Lender Rejects Your Loan Application
Be Prepared When You Apply For A Mortgage
Dont let this list scare you! Its designed to give you a general sense of the types of things you may need to apply for a mortgage. Chances are you have many of them on hand or easily accessible already! Plus, this list will enable you to gather what you need for the mortgage application process ahead of time, so things can move along smoothly when you are ready to move forward with pursuing a home loan.
Interested in learning more about preparing to apply for a home loan? Contact the experienced mortgage professionals at Maple Tree Funding today! Our team would be happy to answer any questions you may have on the application process.
Give us a call at or complete our easy online contact form to get started!
Personal Information And Mortgage Loan Document Checklist
- Full name and Social Security Number
- Driver’s license or state-issued identification card
- Home address for the last two years, including dates
- Employment information for the last two years , W-2 statements, and pay stubs from the last two months
- Proof of any other current income source, such as rental property
- If you wish to have it considered as part of your income, child support/alimony: friend-of-the-court printout or 12 months cancelled checks
- Awards letter for Social Security and 1099 for disability income
- Rental Income Copy of lease, if property has been held for less than 12 months 2 years of tax returns with all schedules, if property has been held longer than 12 months
- Signed, completed federal income tax returns for the past two years, including personal, partnership, and corporate returns
- Year-to-date business profit-and-loss statement for current year, if more than three months have passed since the end of the last tax year
- Current business balance sheet
- List of all debts presently owed
- Cancelled rent or mortgage payment checks for the past 12 months, if not reflected on credit report
- Child support/alimony*
- Copy of Property Listing Sheet
- Copy of Purchase Agreement
- Seller’s Disclosure
- For a condominium or a PUD: name of project and phone number of association
- Evidence of the annual real estate taxes and an estimate of the annual insurance premium
Don’t Miss: Usaa Refinance Auto Loan
Mortgage Loan Documents: 3 Sets And Youre Done
In this article:
Mortgage loan documents come in three types, and youll get them at different times during your loan process.
Fortunately, you dont have to read all of these things, and you only have to keep some of them.
The 7 Types Of Documents You Need For A Refinance
Get these documents together before you start the refinance process to streamline your loan.
With so many people filing for refinance these days, it can take a lot longer than you’d expect to have your refinance go through. You don’t have control over how backed up your lender is with applications. However, you can speed things up on your end by gathering all of the appropriate documents before starting the refinance process.
Think back to your original mortgage and all of the documents that you had to gather. For a refinance, the documentation for your refinance is pretty much the same. The overall purpose is to prove different aspects of your finances to your lender.
All lenders have slightly different requirements, but you can bet that they’ll probably ask for documents in the following seven categories:
1) Proof of income: Proving your income generally requires the following documents.
The last 30 days of pay stubs
Your current tax returns
Tax forms like W-2’s and 1099s
2) Insurance: You’ll probably need to produce documentation for two kinds of insurance:
Homeowners insurance, to verify that you have enough current coverage for your home.
Title insurance, to help your lender to check the taxes, the names on the title, and the legal description of the property.
3) Credit information: You’ll need a recent credit score and credit reports.
Your current mortgage
6) Appraisal: Your lender will probably also ask for a current appraisal of the house.
Also Check: How Do I Find Out My Auto Loan Account Number
Details About The Home:
- Property tax, condo fees and heating cost estimates
- A copy of the real estate listing
- A copy of the accepted Offer to Purchase agreement, including the exact purchase price
- A copy of the home appraisal, home inspection and/or land survey
- Your lawyers name, address and phone number
Once your broker or lender has all of these details, theyll send the application to an underwriter at the financial institution youre asking for a loan from. The lender will use debt service ratiosto determine if your application fits within their guidelines. If the lender is satisfied that both your finances and the property fit within their qualifying guidelines, theyll approve you for the mortgage. The typical turn-around for a mortgage approval is 4-8 hours.
Minimum Mortgage Application Documents For Wage Earners
If you’re a full-time W-2 employee who does not earn commission or bonus income, you may need just a few documents – enough to prove that you have predictable and sufficient income and funds to close. In this case, you supply these things:
It’s not uncommon to be asked for the most recent two pay stubs, or bank statements covering a three month period. If you are an ordinary W-2 wage earner with a couple of years on the job, you may just need a bank statement and a pay stub. And you might be able to text it to your lender. Probably a lot easier than you imaged.
Also Check: What Credit Score Is Needed For Usaa Auto Loan
Documents Mortgage Lenders Will Probably Ask For
You’ll need to provide your lender with many documents when you apply for a mortgage. Here’s what you need to know about the most common ones.
If youre applying for a mortgage, lenders will need information about your income, debt, employment, assets and more, which could take a lot of document-gathering on your part. Some of the documents will always be required a government-issued ID, for example while others, like HOA certifications, will vary by situation.
Many documents will be easy for you to find and submit others could be more challenging and take longer. And documents will be aging while youre in the loan process, so you may need to go back and get current versions before your loan closes.
You may also receive documents, such as waivers and disclosures, from the lender. Be sure to keep these for future reference.
Documents You’ll Likely Need
For all borrowers listed on application:
- Recent pay stubs
- W-2 forms from the past two years
- If self-employed:
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement
- Documents to show unpaid accounts receivable
- 1099 forms from past two years
- Bank statements for all your checking and savings accounts
- Statements for all investment accounts, including:
- Accumulated cash value from life insurance, if applicable
- Down payment gift letters, if applicable
- Alimony and child support, if applicable
- If you have income from a rental property:
- Documentation of rental income
- Property appraisal report
Don’t Miss: Refinance My Avant Loan