What To Do If Youre Denied For A Loan
If youre rejected for a personal loan, you can reach out to the lender to find out why. The reasons could be related to a low credit score, low income, unstable employment history or having too much debt.
Knowing why you were rejected can help you decide on your next steps, whether youll take time to improve your credit or seek out lenders with more relaxed credit requirements, such as personal loans for borrowers with bad credit.
To improve your overall creditworthiness, consider following these basic steps:
- Review your credit reports regularly for any errors that could be lowering your credit score and file a dispute, if needed.
- Pay your bills on time and in full every month.
- Diversify your credit mix between mortgage, credit cards, student loans and other types of credit.
- Pay off as much of your balances as you can to lower your overall credit utilization score.
- Increase your cash flow, such as by increasing your income or by passing off debt.
- Get a cosigner or coborrower with a high credit score.
Get An Instant Personal Loan From Hdfc Bank
We understand that in these unprecedented times, our plans for travelling and have destination weddings have got postponed & new needs have emerged. A need for a safe and comfortable lifestyle, a need to have a safety net to tackle any unplanned/immediate requirement.
And to help you fulfil all these needs during these challenging times, HDFC Bank is There For You with its instant Personal Loan.
One of the leading providers of Personal Loans in India, HDFC Bank, offers the best loan option that comes with a unique array of features and benefits. You can choose from different EMI repayment options that suit your pocket, flexible tenures, completely online process, and quick disbursals. In fact, pre-approved HDFC Bank customers can get an instant Personal Loan in 10 seconds without any documents.
After all, an HDFC Bank Personal Loan is designed to address diverse financial needs easily and conveniently, making it one of the best Personal Loans in India.
Let nothing hold you back. Apply for a Personal Loan online from HDFC Bank in a few quick and easy steps. Click on Apply Now to get started. By following the easy-to-understand instructions, your Personal Loan application will be completed in a jiffy
*For select HDFC Bank customers.
Terms and conditions apply.
Loans are approved at sole discretion of HDFC Bank Limited.
Loan disbursal is subject to documentation and verification as per banks requirement.
Get a personal loan in quick time
Apply online for a Personal Loan
Common Personal Loan Requirements
Because personal loans are not secured by an asset like a car or a house, they may be more difficult to qualify for and involve higher interest rates than other types of loans. The lender doesnt have the ability to seize and sell your property to cover the cost of your loan if you cant pay it back. As a result, they may set out more comprehensive requirements to ensure you have a solid credit history.
While eligibility criteria may vary from lender to lender, here are some of the most common personal loan requirements:
Recommended Reading: Avant Refinance Application
What Documents Do You Need To Apply For A Personal Loan
When you apply to borrow money, lenders want to evaluate your finances to determine if youll be able to pay them back. While each may require different personal loan documents to make a decision, most require basic documentation such as proof of income, address and identity.
To save time, it helps to have documents for your loan application ready ahead of time. Here are the basic OneMain Financial requirements, which could also serve as a guide for what other lenders might request.
Why Should You Take A Personal Loan
These compelling reasons are why your search for personal loan ends with ICICI Bank:
- Get flexible tenure up to 60 months
- Avail of a fixed rate of interest. Interest will be charged on monthly reducing basis
- No need to put up any collateral against the loan
- Set up ECS, PDC or auto-debit for automatic repayment of EMI every month
- Minimal documentation and hassle-free application makes loan approval and disbursement a breeze
- Choose your tenure from 12 to 60 months.
Don’t Miss: Usaa Auto Loan Rates Credit Score
Pnc Personal Loan Reviews & Transparency
Category Rating: 3.3/5
- Better Business Bureau: PNC Bank has an A+ rating and has been accredited since 1978.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: The CFPB has catalogued around 130 complaints about issues with PNCs installment loans. Some reasons for complaints include having trouble with making payments and being declined when the customer expected they would be approved.PNC has provided a timely response to almost all existing complaints.
- WalletHub: PNC has an average user rating of 3.6/5 across more than 1,700 reviews.
- Transparency: PNC isnt as immediately transparent about their personal loan terms as other lenders are. They dont give any overall APR ranges, and they make people look up rates based on their zip code. Furthermore, PNC does not disclose their late fees on either their main personal loans page or their rate calculator. PNC is not transparent about minimum credit score or income requirements, either.
PNC loses points in this category for their lackluster transparency, but they do have a decent reputation with their customers and a great score from the BBB.
Reason 1 Get A Personal Loan When You Are In Need Of Emergency Cash
An emergency often strikes out of nowhere when you are least prepared for it. Whether it is to cover emergency medical expenses, funeral costs, or payback home utilities and bills, taking personal loans is a good idea much better than payday loans at the very least.
Payday loans are short term loans with very high-interest rates that could reach up to 400%. A major benefit of payday loans is that they do not require a credit check before giving loans which is one of the main reasons people opt for such loans. However, they require immediate payback when you receive your next paycheck, and the borrower often does not have enough money that now includes the high amount of interest to pay off that loan.
Personal loans are a better option in situations such as these. There are online lenders available who often approve your loans and give them within a day or two.
Also Check: Credit Score For Usaa Auto Loan
Quick Tips To Speed Up The Application Process
How Else Can I Prepare To Apply For A Personal Loan
Getting your loan documents organized is only one way to get ready for the application process. You can also improve your chances of getting approved by checking your credit score to ensure there are no errors, or working to lower your debt-to-income ratio to demonstrate that you have the necessary income to pay back your loan. You can also use a personal loan calculator to get an idea of how different interest rates will affect your monthly payment.
Don’t Miss: Can I Roll My Closing Costs Into My Va Loan
How To Qualify For A Personal Loan
There are many steps to take to qualify for a personal loan, with the first being to make sure that its right for you. For example, if you want to borrow money to remodel your house or buy a car, a home equity loan or an auto loan may come with a lower interest rate. Unlike unsecured personal loans based solely on your creditworthiness, these loans are secured by the home you want to fix up or the car you want to buy.
Although paying for a family vacation or consolidating debt fits into the personal loan category, you may also want to check into a 0% introductory APR credit card. If you go that route, however, be sure that you can pay off the balance before the 0% rate expires.
S To Take Before Youapply For A Loan
1. . Consider if you want to consolidate your debts to improve your financial health, pay for a home improvement project, get help with unexpected expenses or finance that dream vacation youve been wanting to take. How you plan to use your loan will help determine how much you need to borrow to accomplish your goals.
2. Do the math. Estimate the total expenses you need to cover before you take out the loan. If you plan to use your loan for consolidating debt, make a list of the debts you want to combine. Determine how much you can comfortably afford to pay each month on a personal loan. You should also think about when you want to pay off your loan.
Pro tip: Our personal loan calculator can help you with these projections.
3. Assess your eligibility. Generally, for a Discover personal loan, you need to be 18 or older and a U.S. citizen, have a household income of $25,000 or more and meet other credit and income qualifications. Eligibility requirements may vary, so be sure to understand what each lender you research may require.
4. Check your credit score. Its important to know your credit score because it will impact the amount of money you can borrow as well as the rates you receive. You can use our free Credit Scorecard to check your score with no negative impact on your credit. Other sources for finding your credit score include a credit card statement, talking to a credit counselor, using a credit score service or paying a credit reporting company directly.
Recommended Reading: What Credit Score Is Needed For Usaa Auto Loan
What Does A Personal Loan Cover
A home loan or car loan will allow you to use the money to purchase a home or car respectively. The good news is that when you apply for personal loan, it need not be restricted to a specific use. Once the loan is disbursed, you can use it for any purpose as per your particular need.
With a personal loan, you can
- Arrange for holidaying overseas
- Buy a large appliance like refrigerator, television or laptop
- Plan your marriage function as per your expectations
- Spruce up your home interiors through home renovation.
Whats more! ICICI Bank offers fresher funding loan to help you avail of a personal loan on your very first salary. With its pre-approved personal loan, the entire processing is completed in just a few minutes. So, hurry and check out the different types of personal loans we offer and apply for one today itself.
Personal Loans Vs Other Lending Options
While personal loans can provide the cash you need for a variety of situations, they may not be your best choice. If you have good credit, you may qualify for a balance transfer credit card with a 0% introductory APR. If you can pay off the balance before the interest rate goes up, a credit card may be a better option.
Be aware: If you get a balance transfer card and cant pay off your balance or make a late payment before the introductory rate expires, you may rack up hundreds or thousands of dollars in interest charges.
If youre a homeowner, you might consider a home equity loan or line of credit, sometimes called HELs or HELOCs, respectively. These type of loans could provide the financing you need for larger loan amounts at low rates. While HELs are generally installment loans, HELOCs are a type of revolving credit. But beware: Your house becomes the collateral for these types of accounts. If you default, your lender usually has the right to foreclose on your home as payment for the loan.
Read Also: Can I Refinance My Sofi Personal Loan
Compare Multiple Personal Loan Lenders
If you intend to take out a personal loan, its a good idea to compare offers from multiple personal loan lenders. You can see your rates from our partner lenders in the table below in two minutes.
|All APRs reflect autopay and loyalty discounts where available | LightStream disclosure | 10SoFi Disclosures | Read more about Rates and Terms|
When comparing lenders, consider the following:
Enter your loan information to calculate how much you could pay
- Monthly rent or mortgage payment
Some lenders will ask you for documentation of your income, such as a W-2 or recent paystub. And, you will usually have to submit a copy of your drivers license and enter your account number and routing number for your bank account, as well.
Most online lenders will give you a decision right away. If approved, you can have the funds deposited into your account within a few business days.
Reasons Why You Should Apply For A Personal Loan
When the going gets tough, and the tough gets going, a personal loan may help you turn things around.
Personal loans are sums of borrowed money you take when you require money to pay off emergency expenses, debt consolidations or manage large purchases.
These loans normally have to be paid back with interest which depends on the time you can pay back, ranging from a few months to a year or more. Paying back personal loans becomes easier as they offer lower interest rates than other long-term loans.
If you are unsure about when is the right time for you to take a personal loan, dont worry. We have lined up a list of all the reasons that you should consider for personal loans.
Don’t Miss: How Can I Refinance My Car Loan With Bad Credit
Check Your Credit Score
A strong credit score gives you a better chance of qualifying for a personal loan and getting a lower interest rate. Assess your creditworthiness by checking your free credit score. In general, scores fall into the following categories:
720 and higher: Excellent credit.
690-719: Good credit.
630-689: Fair or average credit.
300-629: Bad credit.
Looking at a less than friendly score? Take steps to build your credit before you apply. The biggest factors affecting your credit score are on-time payments and the amount of credit you use relative to credit limits.
Fix any errors that might be dragging down your score. You can request your free credit report and dispute wrongly reported missed payments or other inaccuracies it may contain.
» Know your options:What credit score do I need for a personal loan?
Ready To Shop For A Personal Loan
Taking on a personal loan will depend on your specific needs. Consider whether youll be able to afford the payments and whether the loan is necessary.
If you decide that a personal loan is the option for you, make sure you shop around to find the best deal. Youll want to know the specifics, such as the , interest rate, what your monthly payments will look like and the time itll take to pay off. Dont overlook the fine print, either. Youll want to know if there are any prepayment penalties, late fees or other fees to get a loan in the first place.
Whatever your financial needs, Rocket Loans is here to help. Tell us what you need and we’ll help you find the perfect loan for you.
Don’t Miss: Usaa Car Loan Refinance Rates
Minimize The Impact Of Inquiries
When you apply for credit and a lender reviews your credit report, a hard inquiry is noted on your report. Hard inquiries remain on credit reports for two years, and their impact diminishes over time. However, in the short term, too many hard inquiries on your report can have a negative effect on your credit score.
If you’ll be comparison shopping by applying to more than one lender, be sure to do so in a short time frame to minimize the impact of hard inquiries. Generally, credit scoring models will count multiple hard inquiries for the same type of credit product as a single event as long as they occur in a short window of a few weeks. Don’t stretch your comparison shopping and applications over a period of months.
Another option is to ask if a lender can prescreen or preapprove you for a loan offer. Preapproval often counts as a soft inquiry, which doesn’t affect credit scoring.