How Much Home Loan Am I Eligible For
What is the maximum Home Loan can I get? This is one question which is asked time and again by anyone who wants to get into real estate.
Till now the only answer you got was it depends on your take home salary, your age, kind of job, your assets among other factors. But thankfully now a lot of financial institutions have put Instant Home Loan Eligibility Calculator on their websites. These calculators ask for all the details like your monthly take home salary, your company, your work experience among other things. And end of it, the calculator gives your final Home Loan eligibility based on loan tenure and options with the bank.
One thing to note is for same kind of income and work experience, different loan providers have different loan eligibility.
Here are a few examples:
For the below loan eligibility, I have assumed a 31 year old person working in a reputed MNC with 5 years of work experience and retirement age of 60. Three scenarios have been considered with take home monthly salary of Rs. 25 thousand, Rs. 50 thousand and Rs. 1 Lakh. Also the tenure of Home Loan has been fixed at 20 years.
Maximum Home Loan Eligibility for 20 years :
Eligibility For Personal Loan
The personal loan eligibility criteria for most of the banks and NBFCs are:
- Age: Minimum age for personal loan is 21 years to maximum of 65 years. Some banks, however, prefer lending personal loans with a minimum age of 23 years.
- Loan Amount: Most of the lenders provide a loan for up to 75,00,000. However, few give loans for up to 25 Lakh only. In addition to that, banks limit the maximum personal loan eligibility at 10 27 times of net monthly income.
- Salary: To avail of a personal loan, you should earn a minimum income of 18,000 in semi-urban and rural areas. However, if you live in a metro city, you should earn a monthly salary of 20,000.
- Work Experience: You must have a total work experience of at least 3 years and for 6 months-12 months with the same organisation. However, some banks offer personal loans for a total experience of 1 year.
- Your credit score must range above 650. Banks or NBFCs often reject the loan if the CIBIL score is not good. You can add a co-applicant to improve your chances of loan approval.
- Current EMIs: If you are already paying an EMI for any other loan, it might affect your eligibility. You should pay all their previous dues before applying for a new loan.
Personal Loan Calculator: See Your Payments On A Loan
Before you take out a personal loan, its important to consider how much it will cost you. You can use our personal loan calculator to estimate your future costs.
Taylor MedineUpdated September 9, 2021
Our goal is to give you the tools and confidence you need to improve your finances. Although we receive compensation from our partner lenders, whom we will always identify, all opinions are our own. Credible Operations, Inc. NMLS # 1681276, is referred to here as “Credible.”
If youre wondering how much you can borrow, use our personal loan calculator below to estimate how much youll pay for a loan. This will help you prepare to cover any unexpected expenses, tackle home improvements, or consolidate debt.
Enter your loan information to calculate how much you could pay
With a$ loan, you will pay$ monthly and a total of$ in interest over the life of your loan. You will pay a total of$ over the life of the loan.
Need a personal loan?
Checking rates wont affect your credit score.
Don’t Miss: How Long For Sba Loan Approval
Home Loan Application & Documentation
You can apply online for a home loan from the ease and comfort of your home with HDFCs online application feature available at https://portal.hdfc.com/?ref_code=HDFC_W. Alternatively, you can share your contact details on for our loan experts to get in touch with you and take your loan application forward.The documentation needed to be submitted along with your home loan application form is available on . This link provides a detailed checklist of KYC, Income and property related documents required for the processing of your home loan application. The checklist is indicative and additional documents could be asked for during the home loan sanction process.
What Is A Mortgage Preapproval
When youre shopping for a mortgage, you can compare options offered by different lenders.
Mortgage lenders have a process which may allow you to:
- know the maximum amount of a mortgage you could qualify for
- estimate your mortgage payments
- lock in an interest rate for 60 to 130 days, depending on the lender
The mortgage preapproval process may be divided in various steps. It may also be called mortgage prequalification or mortgage preauthorization. Different lenders have different definitions and criteria for each step they offer.
During this process, the lender looks at your finances to find out the maximum amount they may lend you and at what interest rate. They ask for your personal information, various documents and they likely run a credit check.
This process does not guarantee your approval for a mortgage.
Recommended Reading: What Credit Score Is Needed For Usaa Auto Loan
What Documents Are Required To Apply For A Home Loan
- Duly filled and signed loan application form along with photograph
- KYC Document
- Residence Proof
- Income documentsSalaried: Latest salary slips for 3 months, Form 16 for last 2 years,Self-employed: Last 3 years Income Tax returns with Profit & Loss Account & Balance Sheets duly certified/audited by a Chartered Accountant
- Bank account statements
Home Loan Eligibility Criteria
Its Not What You Can Borrow Its What You Can Afford
In some respects, the mortgage lending industry is working against your best interest. If you are deemed a qualified borrower, a lender is prone to approve you for the maximum it believes you can afford. But in some cases, that amount may be too generous.
Buying a home always means dealing with big numbers. And the impact to your budget may seem to be a stretch, particularly in the beginning. The challenge is buying a home that meets your current and future needs, without feeling like all of your money is in your home leaving you without the financial freedom to travel, save for other priorities and have a cash flow cushion.
Now that the NerdWallet How much can I borrow calculator has given you an idea of your buying power, you may want to gut-check the number by:
Run affordability scenarios. You can get another view of your home-buying budget by running some what-ifs through the NerdWallet home affordability calculator.
Talk to more than one lender. You are more likely to get a better interest rate by comparing terms offered by multiple lenders, and it might be illuminating to see the loan amounts different lenders will qualify you for.
Consider all homeownership expenses. Its not just whats built into your monthly payment such as insurance, taxes and the rest but the other having-a-home expenses, like structural upkeep, new furniture, maybe even yard maintenance equipment.
Why Calculate Mortgage Affordability
When you’re looking to buy a home, it’s handy to know how much you can afford. Being able to calculate an estimate of how much you’re able to borrow is an important part of setting your budget.
You also need to determine if you have enough cash resources to purchase a home. The cash required is derived from the down payment put towards the purchase price, as well as the closing costs that must be incurred to complete the purchase. We can help you estimate these closing costs with the first tab under the mortgage affordability calculator above.
Taken together, understand how large a mortgage you can afford to borrow and the cash requirements will help you determine what kind of home you should be on the look out for. To learn more about mortgage affordability, and how our calculator works, have a read of the information below.
Don’t Miss: What Credit Score Is Needed For Usaa Auto Loan
Other Mortgage Qualification Factors
In addition to your debt service ratios, down payment, and cash for closing costs, mortgage lenders will also consider your credit history and your income when qualifying you for a mortgage. All of these factors are equally important. For example, even if you have good credit, a sizeable down payment, and no debts, but an unstable income, you might have difficulty getting approved for a mortgage.
Keep in mind that the mortgage affordability calculator can only provide an estimate of how much you’ll be approved for, and assumes youre an ideal candidate for a mortgage. To get the most accurate picture of what you qualify for, speak to a mortgage broker about getting a mortgage pre-approval.
How Do I Qualify For A Personal Loan
Eligibility criteria for a personal loan can vary by lender. However, there are a few common requirements youll likely come across, including:
- Good credit: Youll typically need good to excellent credit to qualify for a personal loan a good credit score is usually considered to be 700 or higher. There are also several lenders that offer personal loans for bad credit, but these loans tend to have higher interest rates compared to good credit loans.
- Verifiable income: Some lenders have a minimum income requirement while others dont but in either case, youll likely need to show proof of income.
- Low debt-to-income ratio: Your debt-to-income ratio refers to the amount you owe in monthly debt payments compared to your income. Lenders generally prefer a DTI ratio no higher than 40% for a personal loan though some lenders might require a lower ratio than this.
A cosigner can be anyone with good credit such as a parent, other relative, or trusted friend who is willing to share responsibility for the loan. Keep in mind that this means theyll be on the hook if you cant make your payments.
Factors Affect Home Loan Eligibility
Some of the key factors that affect an individuals home loan eligibility are stated below:
- CIBIL score: Applicants possessing an ideal CIBIL score above 750 are more likely to avail of a home loan at affordable terms that make repayment comfortable.
- Fixed obligations to income ratio: Lenders are likely to offer housing loan options at favourable terms to individuals with a low FOIR. A low FOIR value indicates a higher disposable income, thereby increasing the chances of the borrower repaying the loan amount timely.
- Age of the applicant: The age of the borrower dictates the tenure of loan repayment. An extended repayment tenure will have smaller EMIs, thereby making it easier for the individual to repay the loan without defaulting.
Apart from these, employment status, monthly income, property details and loan-to-value ratio also affect home loan eligibility.
Home Loan Eligibility Based On Salary
One of the eligibility criteria that determine how much loan you can avail is your net salary . Your salary is crucial as it helps in forecasting your repayment capabilities.Your income will determine the loan amount you are eligible for. Lenders will consider your take-home salary, minus certain common deductions such as gratuity, PF, ESI, etc. The take-home salary will determine the EMI amount you can afford and thus the total loan amount you can borrow.For instance, if your take-home salary is Rs. 25,000, you can avail as much as Rs.18.64 lakh as a loan to purchase a home worth Rs. 40 lakh But if your take home is Rs. 50,000, you can avail a loan amount of Rs. 37.28 Lakh for the same property. Subsequently, if your take-home is Rs. 75,000 you can increase your eligibility up to a loan amount of Rs. 55.93 Lakh.
|Age||Net monthly income|
The Five Golden Rules Of Getting A Loan
Sit down and do a budget. Ask yourself: can you afford the amount this loan is going to cost you? Do you really want to be in debt? Could you provide some of the amount from your own savings and therefore borrow a smaller amount?
If you are going to borrow, you need to first examine very carefully the impact on your finances. If in doubt, don’t do it.
But that doesn’t mean it is the cheapest way to borrow. There are many alternatives – for example, credit cards. There are many 0% deals on new borrowing. If you can pay for what you are buying on a credit card and you can repay it within the 0% period, then it is interest free borrowing and is cheaper than a loan. Of course, that assumes you have the discipline to make the repayments.
Even if you can’t actually make the purchase on the credit card, there are money transfer cards that allow you to put money straight into your current account and these, for amounts under Â£5,000, can substantially undercut loans.
First of all, sometimes these loans are secured. This means that if you can’t repay the loan, you could lose your property. All the loans we list here are unsecured, which means it is more difficult for them to take your property if you can’t repay. But equally, it may simply be that you can borrow cheaper elsewhere if you don’t have all the debt in one place and you need to explore that before automatically consolidating.
For more informationread the full guide.
How Will My Information Be Used
Don’t Miss: Usaa Certified Dealers List
Faqs On Personal Loan Eligibility
Checking your eligibility is a crucial step before applying for a loan because it will enable you to find out the lender and amount you qualify for.
You can check your personal loan eligibility by accessing the BankBazaar’s personal loan eligibility calculator. Most banks operating in the country also offered this facility.
Most platforms that help you check your eligibility offer the service free of cost.
The following are the factors that affect your eligibility:
Sbi Home Loan Eligibility Based On Salary
State Bank of Indias home loan eligibility depends on a number of factors such as the age of the applicant, credit score, and income or salary.
The SBI home loan eligibility calculator given below shows you the loan amount that you are eligible for based on different ranges of monthly income considering an interest rate of 6.95% p.a., which is the starting interest rate, and a maximum repayment tenure of 30 years, and assuming there are no other financial commitments towards the Equated Monthly Instalments towards other loans.
You May Like: Usaa Car Loans Review
Home Loan Eligibility Calculator
Your dream home is now within your reach with ICICI Bank Home Loans. We offer higher loan amount on your income. Your home loan eligibility can be further enhanced by including income of the co-applicant of your Home Loan.
Home Loan eligibility is calculated after considering various factors including monthly income, fixed monthly obligation, current age, retirement age etc. Your home loan eligibility can also be considered an indicator of your home loan affordability.
Use ICICI Bank Home Loan Eligibility Calculator to calculate the amount that you can borrow.
Why should one calculate home loan eligibility through ICICI Bank website?
Our eligibility calculator gives the most accurate estimate of home loan that you can borrow from ICICI Bank. Our website also allows you to apply for instant sanction of your loan, even if you have not finalised the property.
How Can I Spot A Personal Loan Scam
Unfortunately, there are plenty of scam artists willing to take advantage of borrowers desperate for a personal loan. Here are a few warning signs of personal loan scams to watch out for:
- Demanding money upfront: You should never have to pay money before getting your loan funds. A scammer might demand that you pay strange fees or require unusual payment methods that cant be tracked, such as a prepaid credit card.
- Using high-pressure sales tactics: Scammers will often pressure borrowers to make an instant decision for example, they might use language like limited-time offer or act now.
- Not requiring a credit check: Personal loan lenders usually perform a credit check to determine your creditworthiness. While there are some no-credit-check personal loans , other companies promising not to check your credit are likely a scam.
- Approaching you about the loan: Some lenders advertise through the mail with preapproved loan offers. But if a loan company approaches you out of the blue with an offer, it could be a scam.
- Not having a physical address: A legitimate loan company should have a physical address that you can verify. If you cant find location information for the lender, it could be a front for a scam.
- Not feeling comfortable with the company: Trust your instincts if something feels off, it probably is.
Learn More: Auto Loans for All Credit Types
Recommended Reading: What Credit Score Is Needed For Usaa Auto Loan