Where Can I Find Information About My Vehicle Title
You can visit our Vehicle Titles page to find information on the following:
- The difference between title and registration.
- How to give the title to DCU?
- What information needs to be on the title?
- What will happen if the title with DCU listed as lienholder is not received?
- What needs to be done if you move to another state?
- How can you change or remove names on a title?
- What happens to the title after the loan is paid in full?
- What to do if you lose your title after the loan is paid in full?
How Much Can I Afford To Borrow
Its important to find a payment that works within your budget. Take into account your typical weekly or monthly expenses when deciding on a payment youre comfortable with. The down payment, interest rate, and term of your loan will determine how much you can afford to buy. Use this calculator to help determine how much you might be able to spend on a vehicle.
220 Donald Lynch Boulevard
How Do I Apply
The most common ways to apply for a DCU Auto Loan are through our online application or in a branch. If you are already a DCU member, you can submit your application within Digital Banking under Offers. This will allow you to streamline your application, because you wont be asked for any information we may already have. Additionally, you could check to see if you are already preapproved for an auto loan.
If you have questions or need assistance submitting an application, you can contact our Consumer Loan Call Center at 800.328.8797 then select Option 3.
Also Check: How To Apply For Fha Loan Ohio
Your Phone Contact Options
or for hearing impaired members, call TTY
You can choose from many options including:
- Information Center Our Information Center Specialists can answer questions about your accounts and help you with service requests. The Information Center can be reached at , weekdays from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Eastern Time.
- Easy Touch Telephone Teller Provides 24-hour access to your accounts by touch-tone phone. All you need is your Member Number and PIN to login and use it.
- Apply for Loans by Phone Apply for Consumer, Visa, Home Equity or Mortgage loans with a representative or by touch-tone phone. Our 24-hour Consumer Loan Call Center can usually give you an answer on your request while you’re still on the line.
Available To Credit Union Members Only
DCU auto loans are only available to members of the credit union. You might be eligible to join if youre related to a member, work for a participating employer, or if you belong to a participating organization or community. Check out the lenders eligibility requirements to find out whether you can join.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Personal Loan With Low Credit Score
Additional Information And Links
Lien Release: A lien release is a document that is signed and notarized by the lienholder that states your loan obligation has been satisfied and there is no longer a lien on the vehicle. Since this is a notarized document, it cant be sent electronically.
Lien Termination Statement: a statement that the institution who previously held the loan is no longer lienholder.
Note and Loan Agreement: Also called the security agreement or loan documents. This document is a legally binding agreement between a borrower and a lender that includes terms of the loan the payment schedule, due date, principal amount, interest rate, and any prepayment penalties.
Owner of Security: An individual who is an owner of the property/vehicle but is not listed as a coborrower/cosigner on the loan.
Paid Loan Letter: A document that indicates the loan has been paid in full and includes the lien termination statement.
Perfected Title: A title with correct owner and vehicle information that lists DCU as a lienholder.
Third Party: Using an auto loan as an example, the member and DCU are considered primary and secondary parties, respectively. A third party could be a dealership or another lender if the loan is being refinanced.
220 Donald Lynch Boulevard
How To Apply For A Dcu Auto Loan
To apply for a DCU auto loan, first to check to see if youre eligible to become a member.
Loan applications may be completed in a branch or online.
But before you apply for a DCU auto loan, we recommend checking your credit and doing some comparison shopping. Understanding your credit can help set expectations in general, lower credit scores will result in higher interest rates. And shopping around can help you find the best loan rate and terms for you. Learn more about the process in our article onhow to get a car loan.
Also Check: Can I Get Loan From My Bank
The Best Way To Make An Signature For A Pdf Document In Chrome
Google Chromes browser has gained its worldwide popularity due to its number of useful features, extensions and integrations. For instance, browser extensions make it possible to keep all the tools you need a click away. With the collaboration between signNow and Chrome, easily find its extension in the Web Store and use it to design DCU application online right in your browser.
The guidelines below will help you create an signature for signing DCU application online in Chrome:
Once youve finished signing your DCU application online, choose what you want to do next save it or share the doc with other parties involved. The signNow extension provides you with a variety of features for a much better signing experience.
Digital Federal Credit Union May Be A Good Fit For Those Who:
Need a more flexible lender. For auto loans, DCU has no minimum requirements for credit history or applicant income. Loan repayment terms can be as low as 12 months for purchase loans and 6 months for refinance and lease buyout loans.
Want the benefits of credit union membership. Borrowers who open or have a DCU checking account, add direct deposit and make their loan payments electronically will receive a rate discount on auto and other consumer loans. Accounts and loans can be managed through DCUs online and mobile banking, including submitting future pre-filled loan applications.
Want to see potential savings from refinancing. In most cases, borrowers can quickly see how much they might save by refinancing their current auto loan through DCU. Using the online refinancing application, applicants can input their cell phone number, have the application pre-fill including their existing vehicle and loan information, and within minutes see their loan offer.
Also Check: How To Get More Loan Money For School
The Best Way To Make An Signature For A Pdf Document In The Online Mode
Are you looking for a one-size-fits-all solution to design DCU application online? signNow combines ease of use, affordability and security in one online tool, all without forcing extra DDD on you. All you need is smooth internet connection and a device to work on.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to design your DCU application online:
After that, your DCU application online is ready. All you have to do is download it or send it via email. signNow makes signing easier and more convenient since it provides users with numerous extra features like Merge Documents, Invite to Sign, Add Fields, etc. And due to its multi-platform nature, signNow can be used on any gadget, personal computer or mobile phone, regardless of the OS.
Forms Under Membership In Digital Banking:
- Financial Relief Form – Apply to receive financial assistance with your payments.
- Print a Deposit Slip – Generate a printable deposit slip to mail in with your deposits.
- Account Activity Letter – Generate a printable letter with details of account activity.
- Direct Deposit – Use this form to request that direct deposit of your payroll be deposited into your DCU Checking Account.
- Dispute a Transaction – Report a transaction that you are disputing.
- HELOC Fixed Rate Advance – Request a fixed rate advance from your Equity LinePLUS.
- HSA Contributions – Authorize a contribution to your HSA checking account.
- Overdraft Payment Service – Enroll in Overdraft Payment Service to cover unintentional emergencies.
- Paid Loan Letter – Generate a letter certifying your DCU loan has been paid in full.
- Stop Payment – Request a stop payment order if the transaction has not yet cleared your account. Also use as an affidavit of an unauthorized or improper ACH debit.
- Title Services – Request services for your titles on both open and closed loans.
- Verification of Deposit Letter – Request a Verification of Deposit letter verifying your account balance and history.
- Add Joint Owner – Add an owner to your DCU account.
- Open New Account – Open a new share at DCU.
- Replace and Report Cards – Request a replacement card and report missing cards.
You May Like: Can You Get Personal Loan From Bank
Digital Federal Credit Union At A Glance
Origination fee: None.
Personal information needed: Social Security or ITIN, address, time at address, phone, email, birthdate, employment status, employer name, housing status, housing payment, driver’s license number, vehicle identification number.
Pre-qualification available: Rate estimates for auto refinance loans and lease buyout loans are available on the website with a soft credit check, although DCU does not consider this pre-qualification. Purchase loan applications dont offer rate estimates with soft credit inquiry. Submitting a purchase loan application results in a hard credit inquiry.
Online, in-person or both: Process can be 100% online including document upload. Applications are also taken 24/7 through a consumer loan call center and in credit union branches. Members can also apply in online banking and may already have a preapproved auto loan amount displayed there.
Approval speed: Same day or instantly after all information submitted.
Funding: Same day of loan closing.
Minimum FICO credit score: Did not disclose.
Minimum credit history: None.
Minimum annual gross income: None.
Maximum debt-to-income ratio: 60%.
What Information Will I Need To Apply
To apply for an auto loan, you will need the following information:
- Whether the vehicle is new or used
- The estimated loan amount
- The desired term of the loan
- Your personal information , if requested
- Physical and mailing address
- Personal identification
- Co-applicant information
To finalize and fund your auto loan, you will need to do the following:
- Become a DCU member, if not already a member
- Submit copy of the purchase & sale agreement
- Submit verification of income, if requested
- Submit any additional requested documents
- Finalize funding details
- Sign the Note & Loan Agreement
Also Check: How To Get Bike Loan
What Is Gap Insurance And Do I Need It
GAP insurance is optional auto insurance that helps pay off your loan in the event your vehicle is totaled or stolen and you still owe more than the depreciated value. Regular auto insurance will only cover what the vehicle is worth at the time of the loss. GAP insurance protects you when your auto loan balance exceeds your car’s current book value. DCU offers members GAP Advantage insurance through Allied Solutions. GAP Advantage can be purchased for both new and used vehicles, for a reasonable one-time cost of $300. For more information, visit the GAP Advantage Insurance page.
Other insurance options that DCU makes available to members include:
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance An alternative to extended warranties you might purchase from a dealer. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance usually lets you go to your repair shop, whereas dealer warranties limit work to specific dealerships. Visit our Mechanical Breakdown Insurance page for more information.
- Payment Protection Insurance – Helps relieve the financial stress and worry related to making loan payments when your life takes an unexpected turn. Visit our Payment Protection Insurance page for more information about covered events and coverage amounts.
What Were They Thinking
I’ve been a DCU customer for close to 20 years. They’ve always had their ups and downs, but generally the positives outweighed the negatives. Over the last 5 years, there’s been a steady decline in customer service and responsiveness. The pandemic greatly accelerated this.That would have been acceptable if it weren’t for the rollout of their new website and mobile experience. They required us to turn off our bill pay and recurring transfers, with the promise of a new, improved system once we got through the transition.What we got instead can only be described as awful. The user dashboard, once chock full of useful features, has been replaced with a graph of what DCU thinks your checking account may be worth. The calculator, list of upcoming payments, and message box are all gone. Worse, messages are no longer tied to an inbox, so you have no record of communication with the bank. Even the customer service chat no longer works.To top it all off, they’re somehow managed to produce a website which doesn’t fully work on Macs. Plus it’s dog slow, no matter what browser you use.DCU’s response is literally “please bear with us as this is just the initial rollout of our new platform.” Never mind that they replaced a fully functional system with a broken one.
Date of experience:April 01, 2022
Also Check: What Is The Max Conventional Loan Amount
A Closer Look At Dcu Auto Loans
If you want to finance the purchase of a vehicle or refinance your existing auto loan with DCU, here are a few more things to consider.
- DCU offers loan terms of up to 84 months for new, used and refinance loans. If youre in the market for a classic car or mobility vehicle, loan terms of up to 120 months are available. But remember that while a longer loan term will lower your monthly payment, youll end up paying more in interest over the life of the loan.
- You may be able to finance up to 125% of the vehicles retail value for new, used and refinance loans.
- Co-applicants are allowed.
- DCU doesnt offer the ability to apply for prequalification. Applying for a DCU loan will result in a hard credit inquiry, which may impact your credit scores.
We Offer These Property And Casualty Insurance Products
- Personal Automobile Top quality auto insurance “the DCU Way” in Massachusetts and other stateswith help to qualify for many available discounts
- Homeowners Insurance to protect you against the loss of one of your most valuable purchases.
- Condo Owners Insurance to protect you against the loss of your valuable dwelling residence.
- Renters Our special member rates will protect your possessions in the event of a loss
- Dwelling Fire Lowest rates as we do the shopping for you to save you money
- Umbrella Liability Peace of mind to protect you in the event of unfortunate circumstances
- Flood We’ll find the best coverage for you from one of our financially sound insurance partners.
- Motor Homes and Travel Trailers Our personal service will locate the right insurance for you to enable you to travel
- Boats and Personal Watercraft We’ll listen to your needs to locate thebest coverage for you
- Motorcycles and Snowmobiles Your coverage will be cost effective and upto date as we keep track of your insurance needs.
- All-Terrain Vehicles Our personal service will land you a great rate to enable you to enjoy your vehicle
Don’t Miss: Is Student Loan Interest Rate Monthly Or Yearly
Digital Federal Credit Union Site Upgrade Is Horrible
From a first rate CU to last….Anyone dealing with finances like their information easy to find, and read, to see the values they are dealing with. The OLD DCU site did a great job with that. You could see all your accounts on one page, and as many as 10 or 11 companies in one BillPay window. The rest of the site was a bit archaic, such as messaging or getting statements. Useable, but could have been better organized.Fast forward to the NEW DCU. OMG, it’s HORRIBLE. Everything is HUGE, no longer compact and easy to see and read. No longer are all accounts visible on one page, but divided up. BillPay now looks like a Kiddy page. Instead of seeing 10 or 11 easy to use Companies you see FOUR!!! Huge, What a PITA.They changed Section names, thinking it would make things easier? If DOES NOT!!! It just creates the need to scroll more and click more.It’s one of the worst upgrades I’ve seen on ANY site . It’s gone from ease-of-use to…. I really don’t know what to call it. But it’s so bad, I’m actually looking for a new bank.I want the ease of use back…
Date of experience:March 08, 2022
What Will My Monthly Payment Be
Many factors go into determining the final loan amount for the purchase of a new or used vehicle. These factors include any manufacturer’s rebate, the trade-in value of your old vehicle less any outstanding balance, your down payment, etc.
Once the loan amount is determined the interest rate and the term of the loan will be used to estimate your vehicle payment. To estimate your monthly payment, try our Monthly Payment Calculator.
Recommended Reading: How To Find Out Student Loan Account Number
Do I Need To Have A Vehicle Selected Before I Apply For A Loan
Noyou do not need to have a vehicle selected before submitting your auto loan application. Some members choose to initiate their application before deciding on a vehicle, so that they know their exact budget and can complete the transaction quickly once they find the right one.
When you apply, you have the option to indicate you dont yet know the make and model of the vehicle. However, you will be asked to provide an estimate of your loan amount . If approved, your loan offer will be good for up to the stated amount pending verification of all required documents. When you finalize your loan, you can specify the exact dollar amount you wish to fund.